NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (June 8, 2015) – Get ready for more music from Republic Nashville’s A Thousand Horses. After one of the fastest starts in country music history, the band will release their highly anticipated debut album Southernality on Tuesday, June 9.
The album’s title - a mix of the words Southern and personality – is meant to evoke a state of mind and a way of life, and fans have enthusiastically embraced the vibe. They’ve helped A Thousand Horses pull off one of the most memorable debuts in recent history with the first single “Smoke” setting records on the way to the top of the charts.
“Smoke” is about a woman whose presence lingers even when she’s not around. The song immediately stuck with fans in much the same way. A Thousand Horses set a record for highest charting debut single at No. 28 on the Mediabase country songs chart. They also became the first group (of three members or more) to send their debut single to No. 1 on theBillboard Country Airplay chart since December 2008.
“It’s been mind-blowing,” lead singer Michael Hobby said. “It’s overwhelming and crazy to see the reaction from country radio, from fans loving it and all the people we’re meeting being out on the road. We’re very grateful, it’s very humbling and unbelievable.”
Southernality, produced by Dave Cobb (Jason Isbell, Chris Stapleton) can be purchased at iTunes and all other major retailers. A Thousand Horses will celebrate the release with a number of appearances this week. The band, which includes Bill Satcher, Zach Brown and Graham DeLoach, will perform at the CMT Music Awards on June 10, where they are nominated for Group Video of the Year, and will perform at CMA Music Festival on June 11 and the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival on June 14. The band also is out on the road with Darius Rucker’s “Southern Style Tour” this summer.
The group mixes the Southern rock sounds they fell in love with growing up in eastern Georgia and South Carolina with the storytelling tradition of country music to make songs that stick in the mind. The mix has proven appealing to fans of both, as well as critics. All Access said of the band and their album, “I defy you to put this in your car, start listening and not like it. The first single, 'Smoke,' is a runaway hit, sounds terrific on the radio and is selling big. Not convinced? Go see them live." Rolling Stone Country said “the Horses are bringing musicianship back to a stale format” and USA Today named them a 2015 “Artist to Watch.” They also recently made their television debut on TODAY immediately followed by two performances on FOX and Friends.
The band’s next single, “(This Ain’t No) Drunk Dial,” is available for purchase at iTunes and will impact country radio on June 29.
Southernality Track Listing:
1. “First Time” (Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher and Patrick Davis)
2. “Sunday Morning” (Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Graham DeLoach, Zach Brown and Rich Robinson)
3. “Smoke” (Michael Hobby, Ross Copperman and John Knight)
4. “(This Ain’t No) Drunk Dial” (Michael Hobby, Corey Crowder, Neil Mason and Cale Dodds)
5. “Heaven is Close” (Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher and Graham DeLoach)
6. “Travelin’ Man” (Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher and Jared Johnson)
7. “Back to Me” (Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Graham DeLoach and Westin Davis)
8. “Southernality” (Michael Hobby, Corey Crowder and Neil Mason)
9. “Tennessee Whiskey” (Michael Hobby and Bill Satcher)
10. “Hell on My Heart” (Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher, Graham DeLoach and Zach Brown)
11. “Trailer Trashed” (Graham DeLoach)
12. “Landslide” (Michael Hobby, Bill Satcher and Zach Brown)
13. “Where I’m Going” (Michael Hobby, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
For more information about the band or to purchase tickets, visitwww.AThousandHorses.com and follow @athousandhorses on Twitter and Instagram.
# # #
Essential Broadcast Media, LLC
Ebie McFarland / Darlene Rodriguez
email@example.com / darlene@
Big Machine Label Group
Monday, June 8, 2015 - 10:15am
Breakout band to celebrate release week with performances at CMT Awards, CMA Fest and Bonnaroo