“Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)” Available Everywhere Now
Debut Album Every Hat Is a Cowboy Hat… Set for Release May 13 +
Radio Single “Missin’ You” Coming in May
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Country rocker Scott Stevens is releasing a modern take on the 1995 John Michael Montgomery smash “Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)” today on all platforms. Listen to the song and pre-save the album HERE. “Sold” is one of 16 tracks featured on Every Hat Is a Cowboy Hat…, Stevens’ debut album for Verge Records, due out May 13. Stevens will also release “Missin’ You”—a moving tribute to his grandfather—to radio next month.
This album is the culmination of years of effort for Stevens. The East Tennessee native has long found himself walking two very different paths, making the decision more than a decade ago to attend law school while also envisioning a career in the music business.
“Though I’m blessed to suit up and do my thing as a civil rights attorney, my dream has always been to support my family with my music,” Stevens says.
Each of the 16 tracks on Every Hat Is a Cowboy Hat… reveals a little more of Stevens’ multifaceted artistry. From the quirky, up-tempo “New Boots,” the sultry “Neon on Ya,” and the catchy “I Feel Good” to the poignant “Missin’ You” and sweetly romantic “Come Home to Me,” Stevens confidently explores country, southern rock, rap and R&B to develop his signature style.
After graduating from the University of Alabama School of Law, Stevens hit a turning point: “I remember starting a job right after graduation and thinking that it was just the most boring thing ever,” he muses. “I looked at the girl I was dating (who is now my wife, Katie), and I said, ‘Look, I don't want to lose you. But I’ve got to go to Nashville.’” Seven years of marriage and three kids later, Stevens finds himself successfully multitasking while balancing two careers and a family of five.
For more information, follow Scott Stevens on Facebook.com/
Every Hat Is a Cowboy Hat… Track Listing
Songwriters in parentheses
1. New Boots (Pts. 1 & 2) ( Scott Stevens/Mikey Reaves/Aby Guiterrez)
2. Neon On Ya (Scott Stevens/Alex Marshall)
3. Country Soul Survivor (Scott Stevens/Tim Pasley/The Shed)
4. Missin’ You (Scott Stevens/Dave Pittenger/Riley Thomas)
5. The Sound Of Country Music (feat. Justin Moore) (Scott Stevens/Tim Pasley/Michael Lotten)
6. I Feel Good (Part 3 of 3) (Scott Stevens/Alex Marshall)
7. Gambling Man (feat. Heath Sanders) (Scott Stevens/Arkady Gelman)
8. Outer Space (Scott Stevens/Alex Marshall)
9. Whoopee (Scott Stevens)
10. Sunshine & Rainbows (Scott Stevens)
11. The Rhythm Of You (Scott Stevens)
12. Routine (Scott Stevens/Jacob Durrett/Austin Smith)
13. SOLD (The Grundy County Auction Incident) (Richard Fagan/Robb Royer)
14. In Love Again (feat. Faren Rachels) (Scott Stevens/Faren Rachels)
15. Come Home To Me (Scott Stevens/Alex Marshal)
16. The Leaving Song (Scott Stevens/Tim Pasley)
About Scott Stevens
East Tennessee native Scott Stevens is a self-declared “groove-obsessed” country rocker, lawyer, husband and father of three. He blends rhythm, soul, loud guitars and percussive lyrics to produce his own unique sound. Stevens has been writing, producing and performing since his earliest days in the church, and then as a fixture on the UT Knoxville college bar circuit while attending school there. Upon graduation, he attended law school at the University of Alabama. After passing the bar, Stevens moved to Nashville to make music while also serving the community as a civil rights attorney.
About Verge Records
Verge Records, an independent label originally founded by Emmanuel Zunz in 2006 and the genesis of global music company ONErpm, relaunched in June 2019 with music producer, publisher and artist manager Mickey Jack Cones at the helm as co-founder and president/COO. Verge Records is based in Nashville and utilizes ONErpm’s international presence for distribution and to leverage opportunities for its roster.
Media Contacts for Verge Records
Essential Broadcast Media
Ebie McFarland | Melissa Mathews
615-327-3259 | 615-310-5859
firstname.lastname@example.org | melissa@