Singer/songwriter Steve Moakler’s new album Born Ready, the driving force behind his upcoming Born Ready Tour, is available for pre-order today. The album, to be released by CN Records on June 15, is reflective of Moakler’s past year which included more time touring than ever before.
Fans who pre-order the album will receive Moakler’s latest single “Breaking New Ground,” an anthem celebrating the spirit of determination and not backing down. This song is a follow-up to “Born Ready,” his successful lead track inspired by a partnership with Mack Trucks born out of Moakler’s year on the road, which The Boot described as a “feel-good, driving tune, guaranteed to get you in summertime road trip mode.”
With these new songs in his arsenal, Moakler kicked off his headlining tour yesterday, March 22, in his home state of Pennsylvania. Excited to perform for the hard-working, dedicated fans who inspired the spirit of the Born Ready album, Moakler says, “there’s nothing quite like sharing your new music. It’s always an exciting and vulnerable moment with our audience. It seems fitting that many of these songs will be heard live on the road for the first time rather than on the record, because that’s where they were inspired.”
Produced by Luke Laird (Brett Eldredge, Kacey Musgraves, Thomas Rhett), this 12-track album showcases Moakler’s talent as a songwriter, having co-written every track with some of Music Row’s most prolific storytellers. Born Ready collaborators include Angelo (Rodney Atkins), Jessi Alexander (Lee Brice), Barry Dean (Jason Aldean), Connie Harrington (Blake Shelton), Steven Lee Olsen (Keith Urban), Deric Ruttan (Eric Church), Gordie Sampson (Carrie Underwood), Chris Stevens (Kenny Chesney), and Troy Verges (Tim McGraw).
Two additional songs will be available prior to the album’s release on June 15 with digital pre-order, including “Hard Not to Love It” on April 13 and “Crazy Does” on June 1.
Born Ready Track Listing:
- “Born Ready” | Steve Moakler, Luke Laird, Barry Dean (*available now)
- “Crazy Does” | Steve Moakler, Gordie Sampson, Jon Randall (*available for download on June 1)
- “Breaking New Ground” | Steve Moakler, Ryan Beaver, Neil Medley (*available now)
- “One of the Boys” | Steve Moakler, Jessi Alexander, Chris Stevens
- “Devices” | Steve Moakler, Cary Barlowe, Steven Lee Olsen
- “Hard Not to Love It” | Steve Moakler, Luke Laird, Barry Dean (*available for download on April 13)
- “Slow Down” | Steve Moakler, Morgan Taylor Reid
- “Thirty” | Steve Moakler, Troy Verges, Gordie Sampson
- “Nightlife” | Steve Moakler, Angelo
- “Chesney” | Steve Moakler, Connie Harrington
- “One More Troubadour” | Steve Moakler
- “The Last Word” | Steve Moakler, Deric Ruttan
For more information and tour dates, visit www.stevemoakler.com.